The people of Yemen need us
Four years of war have wrought disaster thoughout the country:
- Twenty-four million people depend on humanitarian aid for their survival
- 8 million children are suffering from malnutrition
- Almost 4 million people have been internally displaced in the past three years
- Fewer than half the health facilities are still functioning
- Water is difficult to access and is often of poor quality, so there are frequent outbreaks of diseases such as cholera.
With your donation, we can provide help
Five of our partner NGOs operate in Yemen and your donation will enable them to:
- provide access to clean water
- treat malnourished children
- treat the sick and wounded
- improve hygiene conditions and so help prevent the spread of disease
- distribute essential everyday items
- distribute cash, where technically possible, so that people can themselves buy the items they need.
“Because the media has paid little attention to this humanitarian disaster, we call on everyone to use their personal network to make the Swiss public aware of the seriousness of the situation.”
Tony Burgener, Swiss Solidarity director
Promote a spirit of solidarity in Switzerland
Show your solidarity for the people in Yemen on the national fundraising day by:
- ringing the freephone number 0800 87 07 07 and pledge a donation
- donating online
- donating via TWINT. For each donation, TWINT will contribute an extra one franc (link to TWINT news)
- telling your friends on social media about this humanitarian disaster, the needs of the victims and the ways of helping
- following us on TV, on the radio and on social media.
We look forward to you joining us on 28 March in an expression of solidarity for Yemen! Together we can make a difference! THANK YOU!