1. The brainchild of SRG SSR, Swiss Solidarity is a humanitarian foundation whose mission is to provide emergency relief and ongoing assistance to people in need as a result of crisis situations both in Switzerland and abroad.
2. The Swiss Solidarity foundation embodies the team spirit of the Swiss.
3. Its work is non-discriminatory and neutral on all levels—political, ideological and religious.
4. Swiss Solidarity works primarily with Swiss relief organisations that meet specific criteria established by its Foundation Council.
5. In conjunction with SRG SSR and the accredited relief organisations, Swiss Solidarity constitutes a platform based on a shared humanitarian vision and commitment.
6. Swiss Solidarity raises funds in order to co-fund humanitarian projects abroad carried out primarily by accredited partner organisations. Swiss Solidarity first approves the objectives and budget of each project and subsequently monitors its implementation. The foundation also funds relief efforts in Switzerland while entrusting the management of these funds to accredited relief organisations.
Commitment and transparency
7. Swiss Solidarity is accountable to its donors, which means being committed to using the funds entrusted to it judiciously and in the best interests of beneficiaries.
8. Swiss Solidarity pursues an open and transparent information policy and reports on both aid provided and results achieved.
9. Swiss Solidarity manages the funds entrusted to it by honouring donors’ wishes and beneficiaries’ interests. As a general rule, Swiss Solidarity’s operating costs are covered by the revenue generated by these funds.
10. Swiss Solidarity upholds a strict sense of professionalism and adopts best practices in all its activities.
11. Swiss Solidarity oversees the platform’s many activities, while its employees maintain and continue to develop the skills and capacities needed to conduct these activities.
Final version approved by Foundation Council 28.4.10 / Committee 9.6.10