Getting help in Switzerland

We have been helping people in need in Switzerland since our beginnings. Find out here how to apply for assistance for yourself.

Severe weather assistance programme

Has your home or business been destroyed by severe weather? Has the insurance paid out but still you have costs that put you in financial difficulties?

Then you may be able to get help from our severe weather assistance programme.

Here you can find out how our severe weather assistance programme operates and how to apply for support:

Swiss Solidarity helps to clear up after severe weather in Switzerland

     Private individuals and non-profit organizations

First contact your local commune, which will normally be in touch with our partners Caritas or the Swiss Red Cross following a natural disaster. The commune should be able to tell you how to proceed.

If the commune cannot help you, you may apply directly to our partner relief organizations, which operate on our behalf:

We provide immediate aid, bridging aid and pay for remaining costs not met by insurance:

  • Immediate aid: necessary purchases and short-term additional costs immediately following the damage
  • Bridging aid: temporary arrangements, extra expenses for e.g. accommodation, food, travel and urgent purchases necessary because of the damage caused
  • Remaining costs: costs not met by insurance and other instances, e.g. for replacing furniture or vehicles; clearing up; restoring land, roads, paths, buildings, infrastructure, private waterbodies etc.

The amount is transferred to you by the partner relief organization via which you make your application (Caritas or the Swiss Red Cross).

If you have any questions or would like to know more about our Foundation, please contact us. We will be happy to answer you.